Thought I’d just share this quick whipped up recipe for a take on spaghetti carbonara using items you may have left in your cupboards/fridges. A really simple and quick recipe taking about 15-20 mins.
What I found that I wanted to use for this was:
- Linguine pasta
- 2 eggs
- Pack of un-smoked bacon
- 2 x Sausages (needed to use them up)
- Garlic or garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Ground peppercorns
- Olive oil
I don’t like cheese but if you have some add it too!
1) Start by boiling your pasta.
2) Cut your bacon and sausages into small pieces.
3) Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan and add a lot of garlic/garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4) Add the cut up sausages and bacon to the pan and cook through stirring occasionally.
5) Ensure pasta is cooked and drain suitably.
6) Crack two eggs into a jar and stir with a fork.
7) Add the pasta into the on with the bacon and sausages and also add the spinach. Lower the heat. Stir until ingredients are evenly spread.
8) Add the egg into the pan sporadically whilst stirring.
9) Add in extra garlic and pepper and keep mixing in the until the egg has cooked.
10) Serve into a bowl add sprinkle a few raw spinach leaves on top.