So me and my girlfriend made this the other day and I must say, it was fucking ace. Not only was it tasty but it was also easy and relatively quick to make.
What you need:
- Pork loin
- Red onions
- Orange Zest
- Sea Salt
- All spice
- Black pepper
What to do:
- Before doing anything, I tend to prepare all my ingredients. Peel the parsnips and carrots and slice them into sticks. Quarter the red onions. Remove the garlic cloves. Grate the orange. Measure out 4 teaspoons of Sage and 3 teaspoons of Allspice. Cut 3 or 4 slits on the top of the pork loin. (Remove any excess fat to your liking.) Core your apples. Measure out 150g of butter.Pre heat the oven to gasmark 7.
- Season your loin with the sea sat and black pepper./li>
- Pre-boil your parsnips, onions and carrots in water with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Get your Sage, Allspice, 1 clove of garlic, orange zest and use a pestle and mortar to grind them altogether.
- Mix the herbs in with the butter and fill the apples with it. Any excess can be spread on the pork loin.
- Place the apples, veg and the last few clothes of garlic in a roasting tray. Place the pork on top of the veg.
- Place the tray in the pre heated oven. After half an hour, remove the pork and stir the veg around. Place the pork back on top and place back in the oven. Turn the oven down to gas mark 4 for another half an hour.
Then voila, the dish is complete. You can adapt the dish how you like. Make some crackling to go with it, add spice, add more veg or whatever else you would like to do. Enjoy 🙂